At least there's thousands more that my fellow JC students took, so I could just rip their pictures off of Facebook or something.
The whole Jerusalem Center experience is over. After arriving back home from 30 hours of traveling, I felt like that whole experience was just a dream (kinda reminds me of Inception). I seriously need to remind myself that it was not a dream. The best way for me is to listen to the music that remind me of the whole experience. Throughout the semester, I compiled a playlist of songs that will remind me of the Jerusalem Center.
1. Fall Apart Today - Schuyler Fisk
2. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen
3. Summer Love - Justin Timberlake
4. What Makes You Beautiful - One Direction
5. So Good - B.o.B.
6. Hallelujah - Rufus Wainwright
7. Jerusalem - Matisyahu
8. Helena Beat - Foster the People
9. So This is Goodbye - William Fitzsimmons
10. Consider the Lilies - MoTab
11. Flightless Bird, American Mouth (Wedding Version) - Iron & Wine
12. King Without a Crown - Matisyahu
13. Homeward Bound - MoTab
14. This is the Christ - MoTab
15. Time of Your Song - Matisyahu
16. On Top of the World - Imagine Dragons
I'll give some explanations to why these songs remind me of the Jerusalem Center:
- 2, 3, and 4 were the songs that were played in Turkey constantly. Since then, if there's songs being played on the intercom on the bus or at a dance, these three songs would definitely be in the mix. 5 was also played at like every dance party. And the fact that this song talks all about traveling, it reminds me of all of our adventures.
- 6 reminds me of the Old Testament. It describes the feeling I get as I read about King David and Samson.
- 7 obviously reminds me of Jerusalem. It mostly reminds me of the Old City.
- 8 reminds me of the desert. It reminds me of the long bus ride down to Eilat to go swimming.
- 9 actually reminds me of the middle of my Jerusalem experience. That was when it kicked in that we were actually going to leave Jerusalem for the states in no time.
- We (the ward choir) sang 10 and 14 in sacrament meeting. 10 reminds me of the nature found in the Jerusalem Center/around the Jerusalem Center/Galilee. 14 reminds me of our last Sabbath day in the Holy Land. We sang 14 as the closing song in sacrament meeting.
- 11 reminds me of the sunsets in Galilee. I would listen to this song as I watched the sunset over the Sea of Galilee. It reminds me of calm waters, birds gliding in the air, a watercolor sky, shimmering Tiberias across the sea, and peace.
- 12 reminds me of driving around to our field trips in Galilee.
- 13 reminds me of going home. More specifically, being happy about going home.
- 15 reminds me of leaving the Jerusalem Center to go to the airport for the states. This song pretty much reminds me of the last things I see in Israel before we reach the airport.
- 16 reminds me of the whole Jerusalem Center experience. This song was on one of the memories videos.
No comments:
Post a Comment