"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Got My Mission Call...NOT!

So I just realized that I lied on an earlier post from November. It's way past mid-January and I still haven't even turned in my mission papers. So the original plan was to put my availability date at the end of April so I could turn it in exactly four months in advance. I changed my mind. My availability date is May 29 (my 21st birthday). So the plan was to turn in my papers at the end of January. The slacker that I am did not start the medical paper work until the end of January. I have been having a lot of random road blocks with my medical papers since then. I don't know if this is a sign from God or punishment for procrastinating my mission papers. I have had my mission papers for almost a full 4 months. I know some people who only took a week to get their mission papers in.

I'll probably be getting my mission call by mid-March. The main reason I was pushing for getting my mission call in mid-January was so I could figure out if I can stick with my major. I need a foreign language for my major. I know that if I go English speaking there is no way I can come back from my mission and jump into Chinese 301. If I were to go English speaking I would have changed my major to Economics this semester. If I were to go on a foreign speaking mission, at least I could stay in my major and use that foreign language to fulfill the requirement. If it were not Chinese Mandarin speaking, I would have dropped CHIN202 this semester. Well, I am still in my major and I am still taking Chinese and I have no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment