"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18

Monday, February 11, 2013

Recent Thoughts on Missionaries

For the very recent returned missionaries
So I feel bad for all of the male returned missionaries. The dating pool at BYU will decrease dramatically by next year. The phrase "there's plenty of fish in the sea" won't apply for long (just realized I pulled a pun). These returned missionaries will be considered extremely blessed if they can pull off getting married in the next two years. Fortunately, this is not a permanent affect. Once all of these girls get back from their missions, BYU campus will go back to normal. These poor returned missionaries will be moping around for two years though. I guess there will be freshman girls they can marry, but I don't know how much men are willing to do such a thing.

The fact that all of these recently returned missionaries are the same age as me blows my mind.

For the single female returned missionaries
Lucky them. Get to have all of the men for themselves and don't even have to worry about serving a mission because they already have.

For the female non-returned missionaries
Even though there will still be quite a bit of girls not going on a mission, they'll be staying because they have a boyfriend.

I must say that I admire the guys who are dating girls that plan on going on a mission. I think it's cute to see a guy fight for the girl he wants. It shows how much he cares for that girl. Even though it sounds bad for a guy to prevent a girl from going on a mission, I feel like it's fine. Marriage is more important that a mission, for a female at least. Besides, there will be enough female missionaries to fill her spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment