I have never been so overwhelmed with shopping, ever. We went to the Grand Bazaar during our first full day in Turkey. This place was huge. This place has over 3000 shops. We saw a tiny fraction of the Grand Bazaar considering we only had half an hour to look around. There was a ton of gold, diamonds, jewelry, scarves, carpets, souvenirs, clothes, Turkish delight, etc all over the place. There was quite a bit of wedding dress stores as well. I must say, I have never seen such gorgeous wedding dresses. They were even cheaper than dresses in the U.S. considering how beautifully made all of the dresses in Turkey are. A fellow Jerusalem Center student who is engaged said she might return the wedding dress she bought in the states and order a dress from Turkey.
What was annoying is that I did not exchange money before then, so I couldn't buy anything at that time. I was bugged because there was so much things that I wanted to buy there. We did not even have the chance to go back to the Grand Bazaar. When I go back to Turkey, which is a must, I will definitely dedicate a whole day being in the Grand Bazaar.
More posts on Turkey in the future...because it is the 4th greatest place in the world (inside joke).
No comments:
Post a Comment