"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18

Friday, June 29, 2012

Why BYU Provo and not BYU Hawaii?

So I was talking to Chantel on the bus about why I went to BYU Provo instead of BYU Hawaii and I feel like sharing it via blog.

I applied for both BYU Provo and BYU Hawaii. Mom was ticked at the fact that I wanted to go to BYU Provo over BYU Hawaii. She would yell at me like everyday for wanting to go to the mainland for school. She thought it would be too pricey to live on the mainland. I felt bad for being so hard-headed and disobedient that I decided that I would go to BYU Hawaii. I made a deal with God, however. I prayed that if I got accepted into BYU Hawaii and did not get scholarships/financial aid, I would stay in BYU Hawaii. I thought this would have been a guarantee.

Provo accepted me...Hawaii did not. At the same time, I ended up getting a good amount of scholarships/financial aid. I must admit, my ego was shattered at the fact that Hawaii did not admit me. It felt like a low blow. I shouldn't have felt that way though. I'm pretty sure the reason why I am still "on hold" to this day with Hawaii is that I put Hawaii as my second choice and Provo as my first. If I were accepted into Hawaii, yet still got the money, I think I would have chosen to go to BYU Hawaii. I was unbelievably stoked though to go to BYU Provo! Provo has been good to me so far.

I miss you Provo and Hawaii. See you guys in a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment