"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18

Monday, July 8, 2013

"The Hardest Part" by Coldplay

I feel like this is my theme song before leaving on a mission. Here's the lyrics:

And the hardest part
Was letting go, not taking part
Was the hardest part

And the strangest thing
Was waiting for that bell to ring
It was the strangest start

I could feel it go down
Bittersweet, I could taste in my mouth
Silver lining the cloud
Oh and I
I wish that I could work it out

And the hardest part
Was letting go, not taking part
You really broke my heart

And I tried to sing
But I couldn’t think of anything
And that was the hardest part

I could feel it go down
You left the sweetest taste in my mouth
You're a silver lining the clouds
Oh and I
Oh and I
I wonder what it’s all about
I wonder what it’s all about

Everything I know is wrong
Everything I do, it's just comes undone
And everything is torn apart

Oh and it’s the hardest part
That’s the hardest part
Yeah that’s the hardest part
That’s the hardest part


It sounds like I really don't want to go on a mission, but I really do. I'm just saying that it's not going to be easy letting go of everything once I'm set apart as a full-time missionary. Waiting to be set apart does feel like the "strangest start." The mission is definitely going to be a "bittersweet" experience. There's still a lot of things "I wish that I could work out" before I leave.

I feel like I am leaving at an interesting point in my life. I really feel like anything can happen in these next 18 months to the people that I care about. I never felt this way during my 3 years in college. That's why it's "the hardest part letting go, not taking part." I feel like I'm going to be in the blind with pretty much everything, except for what will be right in front of me. I wonder what it's all about: Why am I leaving on a mission at this point in my life? I'm sure I'll understand the reason why once I complete my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment