I had a very spiritual, yet amusing time at the Mt. of Beatitudes. Is it even possible to be super spiritual, yet be bursting out laughing all at the same time? Like every other site, there is a church that is built wherever Christ has done something. Brother Harper sat us down in front of the church that commemorates the Sermon on the Mount. We were yards away from it though. When Bother Harper gave his devotional, a little old lady would start screaming in a microphone saying, "Be quiet! There are people praying in the church!" She had pretty good English. I could only hear a slight hint of an accent. The whole time Brother Harper was giving his devotional, every other ten seconds she would yell into the microphone. Brother Harper started feeling self-conscious after a while and thought that he was the one being too loud. He was not talking loud at all though since we had headsets to hear him clearly. I thought it was ironic that she was yelling into a microphone to tell people to be quiet. I am pretty sure she herself was disturbing those who were praying. She was a cute, well-intentioned lady though.
Megan and Rachelle then performed "Consider the Lilies" right where we were. I was freaking out because I was expecting the little lady yelling in the microphone to tell them to be quiet. Luckily, she did not say anything because that would have been super awkward. Megan played the violin and Rachelle sang. It was such a beautiful rendition. I started tearing. During the middle of the song, an African tour group were passing right behind them. They stopped to take pictures and videos of them. I could not help but laugh at this sight. They seemed so eager to get a shot of them singing. After Rachelle and Megan finished singing, the same lady that was yelling into the microphone started clapping. She even came up to take a picture of them. There was just so much going on around us while we were having such spiritual moments, that I could not help but laugh at this whole episode on the Mt. of Beatitudes.
I am pretty sure this does not sound funny at all to whoever is reading this. These are one of those moments where you have to have been there to understand. Or maybe I was just slap happy and immature at that time and I was the only one that found this all funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment