"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Food of Israel

Here's a list of food and food places that are pretty big in Israel and/or among the JC students:
- shawarma - After watching the Avengers in theaters for my birthday, it got me pumped to try a shawarma. Robert Downey Jr. suggested that they get shawarma as a victory meal. It was a prime moment in the movie considering Robert Downey Jr. said that (he's like my favorite actor) and I was watching it in Israel. I have been in Jerusalem for a month at that point in time and I still had yet to try a shawarma. I finally tried it like a week or two later and it was so good!
- falafel - Falafel and french fries in a pita dipped in fry sauce is delicious.
- hummus - I absolutely hate this stuff because I hate the taste of peas, including chickpeas. My hate towards chickpeas makes me feel unworthy being here in Israel. I feel bad, but I can't help it.
 - pita - Never have I eaten so much pita bread in my life.
- watermelon - When I get back to the states, I am going to miss having watermelon for breakfast everyday.
- Lion bar - It's like a 100 Grand candy bar, but better! I am addicted to these things.
- Magnum bar ice cream - Pretty much on every field trip, Huntsman would suggest we get a Magnum bar. Magnum bars in Turkey were a lot better though because almonds coated the ice cream bar. The Magnum bars in Israel are really bland. 
- "Nutella" - The Oasis has a Nutella-like spread offered at every meal.
- hot milk - I am in love with the hot milk in the Oasis. I am going to learn how they make the hot milk over here so I can make it for myself back home.
- gummies! - Buying gummies off the street is cheap so I would buy them every time I went out. I stopped doing it because I felt like I was going overboard with gummy eating.
- pistachios - I think it is just me, but I love pistachios. It's heavenly that pistachios are all over Jerusalem.
- The Waffle Bar - Haven't been there yet, but the JC students go there all of the time. I'll just buy waffles when I get back to the states.
- Holy Bagel - Overpriced bagels that I could make on my own. The cream cheese chive bagel was yummy though.
- The Armenian Tavern - I think this is what the restaurant is called. Every time I would walk from Jaffa Gate to the Armenian Quarter, I would pass this place. It smells so heavenly every time I pass by this restaurant. I am determined to eat there before I leave.
- "Arab Costco" - This is where the Shekel Shack (the JC snack bar) gets their goodies. It's Candyland over there.
- THE OASIS!!! - Eat here breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I am going to miss getting a balanced diet. Once I get back to Provo, it's back to Top Ramen.

There's other food places JC students often go to, but I can't think of the names off the top of my head. I would only eat outside of the Center if I skipped a meal in the Center. I haven't been doing that often though. I should probably eat out more just for the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment