"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Get Some in Galilee (GSG)

So the students of the Jerusalem Center Spring/Summer 2012 chose "Get Some in Galilee" as our motto. Super inappropriate, but whatever floats their boat.

Here's a little briefing of how Galilee is. I'll go into more depth with my experiences in future posts. I have not emailed anybody about how I am doing, so I am writing this so people won't think I died.

Galilee reminds me of Waianae on Oahu. It is a tropical countryside, but not the prettiest tropical place I have been to. It is super hot and moist. There's dead shrubbery on the mountains. There is the Sea of Galilee against the mountains. I hear that during the winter time Galilee is a lot prettier.

We are staying at a beachfront resort. The water at the beach is not the greatest I have been in. The water is like warm bath water. It is nice though that we can go swimming everyday while we are here.

Galilee is crazy hot! At least last week was intense. The temperature was in the 100s and possibly in the 110s. What made it worse is that it was way humid here. All at the same time, my apartment was a freezer. I felt bad for turning off or turning down the temperature in our apartment, so I would alternate going inside and out.

We still had class while we were here. We had 3 hours of New Testament for 3 days. We had 2 hours of Ancient Near Eastern Studies for 2 nights. We were all pretty wiped out in Ancient Near Eastern Studies because we had it from 7-9 p.m. There was one night I could not stop giggling in class because I was so tired that I was slap happy. There was another night that I had a throbbing headache because I was doing back flips into the water at the beach.

The field trips have been way fun. I think some of my favorite field trips have been up here in Galilee: Boating on the Sea of Galilee, Mt. of Beatitudes, Golan Heights, Megiddo, Gan Ha-Shelosha, Dan, etc.

We have been in Galilee since July 16 and we will be leaving July 26. The end of Galilee marks two weeks before the end of the Jerusalem Center experience. Sad.




No comments:

Post a Comment