"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Called to Serve in the Australia Bisbane Mission Mandarin Speaking

The first time I heard someone get called to Australia Mandarin speaking was my freshman year at BYU in my Book of Mormon class. When the guy in my class made the announcement, I thought, "that's like the sweetest mission ever." I was really envious of that guy. That was like my dream mission for a bit.

And dreams really do come true. I can't believe I'm actually going to Australia...Mandarin speaking too.

It's not until after I got my call that I realized how ignorant I am of Australia. I automatically thought the capital of Australia was Sydney, just because everyone talks about Sydney. The capital is really Canberra. I also did not know that Australia was divided up into states. As an International Relations major I should know this stuff. My first excuse is that we have never discussed Australia in any of my classes (even in my high school classes). My second excuse is that I have always considered Australia an insignificant country (until now). If Australia were to never exist, I feel like not much would change in world history. Hopefully my opinion on Australia will change after the mission.

So here's the 411 on my mission.

My mission covers the whole state of Queensland and a tiny bit of New South Wales.
Brisbane is the capital of Queensland. I'll probably be hanging out here most of the time because there's a Chinatown here.

Brisbane even has a temple. :)
more info to come

No comments:

Post a Comment