It's so frustrating shopping for sister missionary clothes! It's hard finding skirts that cover the knees when you sit down. It's hard finding tops where I don't have to layer since a ton of them are low-cut. It's frustrating making sure your outfit match color and style-wise (i'm the kind of girl that just throws on whatever and call it good). I was gritting my teeth at how expensive the clothes were. I complained a ton to my roommates. I'm pretty sure they wanted to slap me because I was being a brat.
My roommate later came up with a brilliant plan! She told me that my mom should open a store in Utah where the clothes are specifically made for sister missionaries. The light-bulb over my head flashed on. I'm seriously going to start this up. I really do feel like this can be a successful business. There will always be a high demand for sister missionary clothes if this rate of sister missionaries continues. Also, as long as there's not a ton of businesses opening for sister missionaries, we'll be good. I already talked to my mom and she told me that we'll start it once I get back from my mission. Actually, she wants to focus on making temple clothing for women first. What we're going to focus on is making sister missionary clothes and temple clothes affordable. I feel like these stores mark-up their clothes a lot more than they're worth.
I'll be working on the designs for the skirts/dresses/tops this summer. I have big ideas for the designs, I just need draw them out. Not to brag, but I think my designs will blow Downeast and Mikarose out of the water! Even though I don't really care what I wear, I have an eye for what's nice and what's not when it comes to clothes.
We'll try to get our clothes produced in the Philippines and China. My mom is going to handle production in the Philippines and I'm going to deal with production in China. After the mission, I'm going to search for places in China that will produce these clothes. It makes me so happy that I'll actually be using Chinese after the mission!
Hopefully when I get back from my mission, there won't be a million other people in Utah that had the same idea as me. As long as this doesn't happen and as long as we can produce good-quality, affordable stuff and we become well-known in Utah (haha that was a very long clause), this business could take off. I really hope we go through with this. My mom said if this business gets big enough, I'll be the CEO. That would be a pretty sweet job position for someone fresh out of college!
No comments:
Post a Comment