"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Stumbling Upon My High School Classes

So BYU accepted my deferment. When they notified me of my deferment, it was attached to my admissions application I filled out over 3 years ago. They still have a record of the AP classes and senior classes. I feel like posting them just because I am already forgetting the classes I took in high school.

AP Classes:

English Language & Comp
US History
Biology
Government & Politics - US
English Literature & Comp

Senior Year Classes:

AP Biology
Spanish 2
Political Processes (aka "We the People")
Chorus 1
AP Government & Politics - US
AP English Literature & Comp
Graphic Communications (aka yearbook)

Haha "We the People." So We the People is a high school competition. It's like in the form of a congressional hearing. There are 6 units (or groups) that each person can be in. I was in Unit 5 so I dealt with issues related to the First Amendment and the judicial system. I had to memorize like a billion Supreme Court cases. During the competition, I did not even throw out any of the court cases I memorized :( Anyways, our high school got first place every year for like 30 years. Only the first place winner from each state could go to Washington D.C. Sadly, it was my senior year that we did not get first. My ego was shot. I started crying when they announced that we got second place. I totally thought we had it in the bag. At least my Unit 5 got a higher score than the Unit 5 that was going to Washington D.C. Now that I think back on it, it was so immature of me to react like that. At least I was able to go to Washington D.C. my junior year of high school and just this past New Year's Eve.


No comments:

Post a Comment