"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pride: The Root of All Evil

It's so true. If pride were wiped off the face of the planet, this world would be pretty close to perfect. We wouldn't have the issues that we have today.

I'm pretty sure every mistake I made stemmed from pride. I'm a total hypocrite when it comes to pride. Actually, I'm a hypocrite with a lot of things. I get annoyed when people flaunt their pride, yet I'm prideful in my heart. My goal after General Conference was to let go of my pride...yeah that hasn't been going well.

Pride is the most prevalent, unrecognized sin out there. We all have pride to an extent, except for Jesus and probably the prophets and apostles. When we do get prideful, we usually don't (or are not willing to) recognize it. Pride just happens. Why is it so easy to fall into pride?

I'm writing this just to vent.


Song of the Day (actually song of the rest of this semester): "Us Against the World" by Coldplay




No comments:

Post a Comment