"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

More Mission Information

Ok so here's more legit information about my mission:

- According to the papers, I will be in the MTC from August 7 - October 7 (I arrive in Australia October 8 so I think I leave October 7). I don't think they took into account my interview for my language proficiency, but now I don't really care if I'm there for the full 2 months or if my stay in the MTC is shortened.
- I will complete my mission on January 28, 2015.
- My family lied to me. They said I'm going to be driving the whole time. I'm going to be biking and walking as well. I'm praying that my knee problems don't get worst while I'm on the mission. If so, I'll just suck it up and take it like a man. I do not want to get sent home because of my knees.
- My mission president said that the Brisbane Australia mission is a top baptizing mission. That made me nervous. So if I don't get a lot of baptisms, there's something wrong with me. Fortunately, he said that as long as we are totally obedient, work hard, effectively spread the gospel, and love others, we'll get the baptisms. He said, "To accomplish these things it is important that you leave all distractions at home and focus totally on what you have come here to do."I think this is going to be my biggest challenge on the mission.
- Queensland has an "extremely high rate of skin cancer."
- Pretty much can't bring any electronics or CD's. So pretty much no music.
- I can only email my parents. (We'll see if this changes with the new mission president coming in)

No comments:

Post a Comment