5. Maryland: Experiencing dry cold is one thing. Humid cold is another story. When I went to Maryland this past Christmas break, the temperature in Maryland was only 40 degrees. It felt as cold if not colder than Utah during the winter. Unfortunately, the Brisbane Australia area can get as cold as this in the winter time. It will also be a lot more humid, which will make it seem a lot more colder. It rains too during that time. And it will probably be windy. My mission during the wintertime is going to be miserable! At least I'll only be experiencing winter once on my mission.
4. Petra, Jordan: It was hot in Petra, but it wasn't the hottest I have ever been in. What made this experience bad was how I reacted. We were in Petra all day long and we were exposed to the sun all day long. After hours of hiking, I started getting delirious. I would burst out laughing for no particular reason. There were certain times that I felt my vision blur. My body started feeling cold even though I was under the blazing sun. I was surprised I didn't pass out.
3. Texas: So think I could have handled the weather better if Jodie's car had air conditioning. Driving in 90 degree humid weather without air condition is no fun, especially if you're driving from one corner of Texas to the other corner. I really felt like I was swimming in my own sweat. Keeping the windows down did not help either. It was just hot humid wind blowing on our face.
2. Provo, Utah: Specifically the start of this past winter semester was horrendous! It was -10 degrees the first day of school. Walking 20 minutes to school was terrible! It was even worse having an 8am class to walk to.
1. Galilee: This definitely has to top all of my bad weather experiences. The temperature was in the 100s and it was super humid. We were there for 2 weeks too so it was just bad. I'd walk outside for only 5 minutes and I'd feel like passing out. I had difficulty breathing and I felt like my skin was scorching. When it was windy, I felt like a huge blow drier was blowing on me. Even at night, it was still 90 degrees. Galilee was definitely a spiritual experience, but a toasty one too.
No comments:
Post a Comment