I feel like I left my mark at my high school through my senior year yearbook. I was on the yearbook staff my senior year. I was such a goof with my assignments for the yearbook. It's a good thing my teacher was chill, so she let me do some of the things I did. A friend and I were in charge of the underclassman self-portraits pages. So we was in charge of like 20 pages worth of the yearbook. There was enough white space on each page where I could get creative. Usually these pages just had the student portraits. I thought that would be too boring. I got creative and so what I did was put student polls, quotes from teachers, and the definition of each grade level (some of these definitions were offensive, but that was the point). I think I thoroughly embarassed some of my teachers. I put their most embarrassing moments in the yearbook of a couple of the teachers. There's a section where I asked the teachers what their best advice was for students. There was one teacher I took his quote out of context and placed it in this section. It was, "Real men don't use glue sticks." Now all of the school thinks he's a shallow guy. It's ok though. He's a chill, sarcastic guy so I'm sure he wouldn't be bothered that I published this in the yearbook.
I convinced a friend of mine to put as his senior quote, "it's like he learned how to staple from another country." Our physics teacher said this. He actually did it. He wrote as his senior quote, "A wise teacher once said: 'It's like he learned how to staple from another country'...well I learned how to staple in the USA! CATS rule!" CATS stands for Christy, Alex, Treana, and Stefanie (me). These are my crazy best friends from high school. Christy is currently attending University of Hawaii. Treana goes to BYU Provo but she's on her mission right now in Fredricksburg, Texas. Alex goes to BYU Hawaii, but he'll be returning from his mission this summer from Las Vegas. And there's me. Going to BYU Provo, leaving for my mission to Australia.
If you're on the yearbook staff, pictures of you tend to show up more than if you weren't on the staff. I'm on every other page (not really), but I fell like I'm in the yearbook more than I should be. There's one picture of me that's really bad. It's on the table of contents. So pretty much I'm being all scandalous with a tree and Christy is trying to cover my bottom with a leaf. It was really embarrassing when I first saw it published. Now I just laugh about it.
I was a crazy girl! Here's the scandalous picture:

No comments:
Post a Comment