I determined that I want my guy to completely surprise me when he proposes to me. I don't want him to discuss whether or not we should get married beforehand. I feel like if we discuss it, the proposal won't be exciting because I'll have expected it. It would be so much more exciting if the guy just popped the question without me even knowing. With that, I don't even want to go ring shopping with my guy. I want him to decide how much he wants to spend on the ring. I'd feel guilty if I made him spend over his range. I talked to some guy friends and they told me that they spent way more than they wanted to for their fiancee when they both went ring shopping. A simple ring will do for me. There are rings that have caught my eye though:
I like how the band swirls like this...
...or this. This ring is $2000 though, so there's no ways I'm getting this one.
Where I get married depends on where the groom is from. If my guys is from the mainland, we wouldn't get married in the Laie Hawaii temple because it would cost a million dollars for his whole family to come down. If he's from Utah though, I do not want to get married in the Salt Lake City Temple. I don't want to be one of three weddings going on at the same time. It gets crowded. I want my wedding to be quiet and peaceful. I don't want to stress about getting out of the way for other newly weds to get their pictures in.
The dress:
Yeah I really want this dress. I just need to tack on some non-see-through sleeves. I like the length of those sleeves though.
I want my bouquet filled with gardenias and stephanotises. We've grown these in our backyard. Someone keeps stealing our gardenia plants though.
Gardenia
Stephanotis
The theme colors for my wedding will be white (or ivory) and a gold-cream color. The bridesmaid dresses will be these colors.
For the reception, I just want to have a lot of my favorite foods and his favorite foods there. It would be nice if we could do the reception outdoors somewhere natural. Even just setting up a tarp overhead would be fine with me.
And the honeymoon. I kind of want to go back to my mission for my honeymoon just so I can do things I couldn't do while I was on my mission. Also, I can tour my husband around the areas I served and introduce him to the people I met (if he's a Chinese-speaker that would be a lot more convenient, considering that most of the people I'll be teaching are Chinese-speakers). Ok so I don't know if I should be writing this on here, but after I got my mission call, I had a feeling that I'm going to marry a Chinese-speaker. I actually started getting that feeling last summer. It wasn't until after my mission call I was all like, "yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm marrying a Chinese-speaker."
I still have at least a couple of years until this will all materialize.






No comments:
Post a Comment